A membership with BGC Durham offers many benefits including:
- Exclusive discounts on camps.
- Special rates on aquatics programs.
- Access to members-only initiatives.
Who Benefits from BGC Programs?
BGC recreation programs (including the After-School Program) take place in a sensory rich environment that is fast paced and stimulating.
BGC programs are best suited to participants who:
- engage safely in an instructor to participant ratio of 1:8 or 1:15 (based on age)
- follow instructions with minimal prompts and redirection
- transition between activities and program locations with ease
- engage in table based activities for 20-30 minutes successfully
- engages in activities of daily living such as changing, eating and toileting independently or with minimal verbal prompts
Every child should have an equal opportunity to have a great time at camp!
BGC Durham’s Summer Camp takes place in a sensory rich environment that is fast paced and stimulating. Inclusion support may be required for some children to participate in program if:
- extra support is received at school;
- they require support at home for basic care;
- engage in behavior that may affect the safety of themselves or others;
- is associated with a support agency;
- is unable to self-propel;
- is not fully toilet trained;
- is unable to self-regulate.
Requests are fulfilled in the order that they are received and is based off of availability of appropriate inclusion staff. To help ensure a safe, successful, and fun experience, we interview families and children as a part of our registration process, and pair them with the most suitable inclusion staff member to meet their needs. Registration for program is not complete until Inclusion requests have been satisfied. Participants may provide their own support staff to assist if desired. A waitlist will be available once spots are filled.
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the “Inclusion Participant Profile” (download below)
- Submit prior to registering for our programs.
- Forward forms to email@example.com, and will be forwarded to the appropriate program coordinator or director.