A membership with BGC Durham offers many benefits including:
- Exclusive discounts on camps.
- Special rates on aquatics programs.
- Access to members-only initiatives.
Who Benefits from BGC Programs?
BGC recreation programs (including the After-School Program) take place in a sensory rich environment that is fast paced and stimulating.
BGC programs are best suited to participants who:
- engage safely in an instructor to participant ratio of 1:8 or 1:15 (based on age)
- follow instructions with minimal prompts and redirection
- transition between activities and program locations with ease
- engage in table based activities for 20-30 minutes successfully
- engages in activities of daily living such as changing, eating and toileting independently or with minimal verbal prompts
Support for Inclusive Engagement
For participants who may benefit from additional support to meet the above criteria, inclusion support may be required. Although, BGC does not provide inclusion support, BGC will assist with the application for such supports.
Support must be in place prior to the start of the program.
Steps to Apply:
- Fill out the “Inclusion Participant Profile” (download below)
- Submit prior to registering for our programs.
- Forward forms to email@example.com, and will be forwarded to the appropriate program coordinator or director.
How do I know if inclusion support is needed for my child?
Inclusion support may be required if the participant:
- Receives additional support at school
- Receives support at home for basic care
- Engages in behaviour that could affect the safety of themselves or others
- Is associated with a support agency
- Is unable to self-propel or toilet independently
- Is unable to self-regulate
If you’re uncertain about your child’s needs, simply fill out the “Inclusion Participant Profile“, and our team will get in touch to discuss the potential supports.