We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
After-School Program Activity Leader (Durham-Wide)
Provide leadership and supervision to children in the After-School Program. Implement lesson plans, ensure children participate in all activities, while ensuring the safety and well-being of all participants.
Program Assistant, Program Coordinator, and Director of Children and Youth Recreation Programs
- Provide supervision and leadership to program participants.
- Provide a safe, structured environment for the participants.
- Ensure that the participants’ needs are met and that they are enjoying the program.
- Ensure that the Members’ Rules of Conduct are carried out in the program
- Act as a role model for the participants conducting oneself in a respectful, cordial, mature and responsible manner.
- Adhere to the Principles for Healthy Child Development.
- Take the time to research and to plan assigned program activities, making activities innovative, motivating and interesting to our Members.
- Maintain acceptable appearance in uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
- Work with and provide directions to the volunteers and students.
- Attend staff meetings, trainings, and planning sessions as required.
- Responsible for helping to clean the program areas and other maintenance duties as needed.
- Act as a representative of BGC Durham and help promote the Club by example and being of service to parents, volunteers, and other clients as the need arises.
- Maintain regular, positive and consistent feedback to parents when they are signing out their child/children.
- Complete written documentation as required and submit to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Follow and practice all health and safety rules in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Public Health Act.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment are adequate, safe and in good repair.
- Flexible hours are required, dictated by programming needs
- Monday to Friday, hours typically fall between 2pm and 6pm, must be available to begin by 2:30pm-3:00pm
- Required to work in a variety of settings including outdoors and in the pool
- Experience in programs for youth 5-18 years of age and knowledge of child development
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiar with the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development
- Knowledge of fitness and nutrition
- First Aid and C.P.R. certifications
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 11th. Please only apply if you are available to begin work by 2:30pm-3:00pm and indicate which of the follow areas you will be able to work in: Ajax, Bowmanville, Newcastle, Oshawa, Pickering, Whitby.