Position:After School Program Activity Leader Date: July, 2019
Main Function: Provide leadership and supervision to children in the After-School Program. Implement lesson plans, ensure children participate in all activities, while ensuring the safety and well being of all participants.
Reports To: After-School Program Assistant, Coordinator, and Program Director
1. Provide supervision and leadership to program participants.
2. Will provide a safe, structured environment for the participants.
3. Will ensure that the participants’ needs are met and that they are enjoying the program.
4. Will assure that the Members’ Rules of Conduct are carried out in the program.
5. Will act as a role model for the participants conducting oneself in a respectful, cordial, mature and responsible manner.
6. Will adhere to the Principles for Healthy Child Development
7. Will take the time to research and to plan assigned program activities, making activities innovative, motivating and interesting to our Members.
8. Maintain acceptable appearance in uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
9. Will work with and provide directions to the volunteers and students.
10. Will attend the staff meetings, trainings, and planning sessions as required.
11. Responsible for helping to clean the program areas and other maintenance duties as needed.
12. Will act as a representative of the Boys and Girls Club of Durham and help promote the Club by example and being of service to parents, volunteers, and other clients as the need arises.
13. Will maintain regular, positive and consistent feedback to parents when they are signing out their child/children.
14. Will complete written documentation as required and submit to supervisor in a timely fashion.
15. Will follow and practice all health and safety rules in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Public Health Act.
16. Ensure that supplies and equipment are adequate, safe and in good repair.
•Monday to Friday - flexible hours are required, dictated by programming needs.
•Required to work in a variety of settings including outdoors and in the pool.
1.Experience in programs for youth 5-18 years of age and a knowledge of child development.
2.Excellent communications skills.
3.Familiar with the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development.
4.Knowledge of fitness and nutrition.
5.First Aid and C.P.R. certifications.
6.Punctual, meticulous, reliable.
Submit Your Resume to Marcia at email@example.com
Position: School Program Coordinator Date: July 2019
Main Function: Administration of the overall development, operation and evaluation of School Based Programs in designated Durham Region communities. Ensure a high quality, cost effective, safe and stimulating program is provided to Club Members. Adhere to the agency Mission and Core Values.
Reports To: Director of Children and Youth Recreation Programs
1. Planning, organization and supervision of After-School Program for children and youth ages 4-14 years in accordance with the MTCS After-School-Program guidelines.
2. Working collaboratively with other coordinators and program directors, develop and deliver the After-School Program using a pre-determined, coordinated approach.
3. Administer all related agency policies and procedures pertaining to the Child and Teen programs.
4. Supervision of participants, staff and volunteers in a way that reinforces the Boys and Girls Club philosophy by creating a sense of belonging and positive interaction.
5. Recruitment, placement, training and evaluation of all staff leaders and students involved in the program.
6. Maintain monthly, quarterly and annual statistical data on Club Members.
7. Working in conjunction with the Program Director, ensure program goals and outcomes are measured at least once annually.
8. Monitor the safety of all children involved in the programs.
9. Adhere to the principles of Healthy Child Development as categorized by High Five.
10. Administer the programs within established budgetary guidelines, keep accurate records of all program supplies.
11. Keep up to date on child and youth issues and training opportunities.
12. Maintain a good working relationship with other community groups, in particular the school in which the programs operate.
13. Complete regular, informative correspondence for Club Members and their families.
14. Is an active and integral part of the Leadership Team.
15. Attend Coordinator meetings, training sessions and accept any other assigned responsibilities and duties for the Club or community as assigned by the Program Director.
16. Enforce and practice all health and safety rules in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
The Boys and Girls Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
• 35 hour work week (Mon., Wed. and Fri. -10:00-6:00, Tues. and Thurs. 12:30-6:00). May include evening and occasional weekend work.
• The Program Coordinator is frequently required to work within tight deadlines
• The Program Coordinator may be required to work overtime with compensating time off
• This position may include occasional travel
1. Post-secondary graduate in Social Services
2. Minimum four years’ experience in the field
3. Experience in group work programs for youth 4-14 years of age
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Excellent time management skills
6. Familiar with the High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development
7. Proficiency in computer skills
8. Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
9. First Aid and C.P.R. certification.
10. Punctual, meticulous, reliable
Submit Your Resume to Elizabeth firstname.lastname@example.org